Nov 1, 2009, 5:35 PM EDT
– Cliff Lee thinks he could have started Game 4, but Charlie Manuel says he didn’t have to think very long before going with Joe Blanton.
– Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reports
that MLB has made sure that Fox will move the right field camera back
so we won’t have a repeat of Alex Rodriguez’s reviewed home run from
– Mike Sielski of the Bucks County Courier Times thinks that Brett Myers should have thrown at Nick Swisher last night.
– As expected, Joe Girardi announced that A.J. Burnett will start Game 5 against Cliff Lee on Monday night. Burnett is 4-0 with a 2.33 ERA in four career starts on three days’ rest — he did it three times with the Blue Jays in 2008.
– Charlie Manuel was “surprised” by Cole Hamels’ comments following Game 3.
– And finally, ESPN caught up with some “long-suffering Yankees fans” who are too young to remember their last World Series victory in 2000.
Note: Be sure to join me for a live chat of Game 4. First pitch is scheduled for 8:20 pm ET.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)