Nov 1, 2009, 5:35 PM EDT
- Cliff Lee thinks he could have started Game 4, but Charlie Manuel says he didn’t have to think very long before going with Joe Blanton.
- Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reports
that MLB has made sure that Fox will move the right field camera back
so we won’t have a repeat of Alex Rodriguez’s reviewed home run from
- Mike Sielski of the Bucks County Courier Times thinks that Brett Myers should have thrown at Nick Swisher last night.
- As expected, Joe Girardi announced that A.J. Burnett will start Game 5 against Cliff Lee on Monday night. Burnett is 4-0 with a 2.33 ERA in four career starts on three days’ rest — he did it three times with the Blue Jays in 2008.
- Charlie Manuel was “surprised” by Cole Hamels’ comments following Game 3.
- And finally, ESPN caught up with some “long-suffering Yankees fans” who are too young to remember their last World Series victory in 2000.
Note: Be sure to join me for a live chat of Game 4. First pitch is scheduled for 8:20 pm ET.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (207)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)