Nov 1, 2009, 5:35 PM EDT
– Cliff Lee thinks he could have started Game 4, but Charlie Manuel says he didn’t have to think very long before going with Joe Blanton.
– Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reports
that MLB has made sure that Fox will move the right field camera back
so we won’t have a repeat of Alex Rodriguez’s reviewed home run from
– Mike Sielski of the Bucks County Courier Times thinks that Brett Myers should have thrown at Nick Swisher last night.
– As expected, Joe Girardi announced that A.J. Burnett will start Game 5 against Cliff Lee on Monday night. Burnett is 4-0 with a 2.33 ERA in four career starts on three days’ rest — he did it three times with the Blue Jays in 2008.
– Charlie Manuel was “surprised” by Cole Hamels’ comments following Game 3.
– And finally, ESPN caught up with some “long-suffering Yankees fans” who are too young to remember their last World Series victory in 2000.
Note: Be sure to join me for a live chat of Game 4. First pitch is scheduled for 8:20 pm ET.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)