Nov 3, 2009, 11:45 AM EDT
Joba Chamberlain’s mother pleaded no contest Monday to delivery of a controlled substance in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Jackie Standley was arrested in May for allegedly selling a gram of methamphetamine to an undercover police officer at her apartment and the felony charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for next month.
Standley is currently in a dual-diagnosis drug and alcohol treatment facility, which according to the Lincoln Journal Star suggests that the 44-year-old is “suffering from mental health and substance abuse issues.”
Three months ago Standley was also accused of leaving threatening phone messages for a former female friend, reportedly warning the woman: “You’d better disappear. Keep your eyes open.” Standley was cited then for disturbing the peace.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)