Nov 3, 2009, 11:45 AM EDT
Joba Chamberlain’s mother pleaded no contest Monday to delivery of a controlled substance in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Jackie Standley was arrested in May for allegedly selling a gram of methamphetamine to an undercover police officer at her apartment and the felony charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for next month.
Standley is currently in a dual-diagnosis drug and alcohol treatment facility, which according to the Lincoln Journal Star suggests that the 44-year-old is “suffering from mental health and substance abuse issues.”
Three months ago Standley was also accused of leaving threatening phone messages for a former female friend, reportedly warning the woman: “You’d better disappear. Keep your eyes open.” Standley was cited then for disturbing the peace.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (197)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)