Nov 3, 2009, 11:45 AM EDT
Joba Chamberlain’s mother pleaded no contest Monday to delivery of a controlled substance in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Jackie Standley was arrested in May for allegedly selling a gram of methamphetamine to an undercover police officer at her apartment and the felony charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for next month.
Standley is currently in a dual-diagnosis drug and alcohol treatment facility, which according to the Lincoln Journal Star suggests that the 44-year-old is “suffering from mental health and substance abuse issues.”
Three months ago Standley was also accused of leaving threatening phone messages for a former female friend, reportedly warning the woman: “You’d better disappear. Keep your eyes open.” Standley was cited then for disturbing the peace.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (128)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)