Nov 3, 2009, 11:45 AM EDT
Joba Chamberlain’s mother pleaded no contest Monday to delivery of a controlled substance in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Jackie Standley was arrested in May for allegedly selling a gram of methamphetamine to an undercover police officer at her apartment and the felony charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for next month.
Standley is currently in a dual-diagnosis drug and alcohol treatment facility, which according to the Lincoln Journal Star suggests that the 44-year-old is “suffering from mental health and substance abuse issues.”
Three months ago Standley was also accused of leaving threatening phone messages for a former female friend, reportedly warning the woman: “You’d better disappear. Keep your eyes open.” Standley was cited then for disturbing the peace.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)