Nov 4, 2009, 12:37 PM EST
* Fired as Rockies manager in the middle of this season, Clint Hurdle is reportedly close to replacing Rudy Jaramillo as the Rangers’ hitting coach. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington isn’t quite Coors Field, but Hurdle definitely picked a good place to be judged on hitters’ production.
* George W. Bush threw out the first pitch before yesterday’s Game 3 of the Japan Series between the Yomiuri Giants and Nippon Ham Fighters. He tossed a one-hopper to the plate and then watched the game in a private suite with Japanese home run king Sadaharu Oh and former prime minister Junichiro Koizumi.
* Mary J. Blige will sing the national anthem prior to Game 6 tonight in New York after Canadian-born Alanis Morissette did the honors before Game 5 in Philadelphia. Sadly, no one followed my advice to get Boyz II Men back to together.
* The cover of today’s New York Post has Pedro Martinez’s head superimposed on the body of a baby wearing a diaper. Seriously.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 33
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)