Nov 6, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
* Prosecutors in Clark County, Washington have dropped misdemeanor marijuana possession charges in exchange for Tim Lincecum paying $377 in fines, which is apparently standard procedure for first-time offenders who cooperate with police.
* So much for watching him pitch in the Arizona Fall League on MLB Network tomorrow. Stephen Strasburg has been scratched from his scheduled start in the league’s Rising Stars Game because of a strained muscle in his back.
* White Sox general manager Ken Williams admitted this afternoon that free agent Scott Podsednik is unlikely to be re-signed “based on what he wants.”
* Free agent Hideki Matsui has ruled out returning to Japan following his MVP-winning World Series performance.
* Mark Mulder has a connection with new Brewers pitching coach Rick Peterson from their time together in Oakland and Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin said today that he’s contacted the oft-injured southpaw’s agent.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)