Nov 6, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
* Prosecutors in Clark County, Washington have dropped misdemeanor marijuana possession charges in exchange for Tim Lincecum paying $377 in fines, which is apparently standard procedure for first-time offenders who cooperate with police.
* So much for watching him pitch in the Arizona Fall League on MLB Network tomorrow. Stephen Strasburg has been scratched from his scheduled start in the league’s Rising Stars Game because of a strained muscle in his back.
* White Sox general manager Ken Williams admitted this afternoon that free agent Scott Podsednik is unlikely to be re-signed “based on what he wants.”
* Free agent Hideki Matsui has ruled out returning to Japan following his MVP-winning World Series performance.
* Mark Mulder has a connection with new Brewers pitching coach Rick Peterson from their time together in Oakland and Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin said today that he’s contacted the oft-injured southpaw’s agent.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 248
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (253)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)