Nov 6, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
* Prosecutors in Clark County, Washington have dropped misdemeanor marijuana possession charges in exchange for Tim Lincecum paying $377 in fines, which is apparently standard procedure for first-time offenders who cooperate with police.
* So much for watching him pitch in the Arizona Fall League on MLB Network tomorrow. Stephen Strasburg has been scratched from his scheduled start in the league’s Rising Stars Game because of a strained muscle in his back.
* White Sox general manager Ken Williams admitted this afternoon that free agent Scott Podsednik is unlikely to be re-signed “based on what he wants.”
* Free agent Hideki Matsui has ruled out returning to Japan following his MVP-winning World Series performance.
* Mark Mulder has a connection with new Brewers pitching coach Rick Peterson from their time together in Oakland and Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin said today that he’s contacted the oft-injured southpaw’s agent.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)