Nov 6, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
* Prosecutors in Clark County, Washington have dropped misdemeanor marijuana possession charges in exchange for Tim Lincecum paying $377 in fines, which is apparently standard procedure for first-time offenders who cooperate with police.
* So much for watching him pitch in the Arizona Fall League on MLB Network tomorrow. Stephen Strasburg has been scratched from his scheduled start in the league’s Rising Stars Game because of a strained muscle in his back.
* White Sox general manager Ken Williams admitted this afternoon that free agent Scott Podsednik is unlikely to be re-signed “based on what he wants.”
* Free agent Hideki Matsui has ruled out returning to Japan following his MVP-winning World Series performance.
* Mark Mulder has a connection with new Brewers pitching coach Rick Peterson from their time together in Oakland and Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin said today that he’s contacted the oft-injured southpaw’s agent.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)