Nov 6, 2009, 11:48 AM EDT
* Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star did some digging and found that reports of the Royals trading Mark Teahen to the White Sox for Chris Getz and Josh Fields were at least premature and at most simply incorrect.
Bill Madden of the New York Daily News initially reported the trade and the Chicago Sun Times got confirmation from a White Sox source, but yesterday Royals general manager Dayton Moore downplayed the idea that a trade had been completed.
* In what is a much stickier situation because his brother is the team’s best player, the Padres dropped Edgar Gonzalez from the 40-man roster. “I think this is the end of my run here,” Gonzalez said. “I love San Diego and the Padres gave me an opportunity that I’m thankful for, but my future is probably elsewhere.”
* Just in case you thought the Dodgers were the only NL West team going through drama caused by the owner breaking up with his wife, Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union Tribune has all the details on the Padres’ similarly messy situation.
* The Yankees’ victory parade is going on right now in New York with an estimated 500,000 to one million fans and CC Sabathia will be guest a guest on The Jay Leno Show tonight.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39