Nov 6, 2009, 11:48 AM EST
* Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star did some digging and found that reports of the Royals trading Mark Teahen to the White Sox for Chris Getz and Josh Fields were at least premature and at most simply incorrect.
Bill Madden of the New York Daily News initially reported the trade and the Chicago Sun Times got confirmation from a White Sox source, but yesterday Royals general manager Dayton Moore downplayed the idea that a trade had been completed.
* In what is a much stickier situation because his brother is the team’s best player, the Padres dropped Edgar Gonzalez from the 40-man roster. “I think this is the end of my run here,” Gonzalez said. “I love San Diego and the Padres gave me an opportunity that I’m thankful for, but my future is probably elsewhere.”
* Just in case you thought the Dodgers were the only NL West team going through drama caused by the owner breaking up with his wife, Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union Tribune has all the details on the Padres’ similarly messy situation.
* The Yankees’ victory parade is going on right now in New York with an estimated 500,000 to one million fans and CC Sabathia will be guest a guest on The Jay Leno Show tonight.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)