Nov 6, 2009, 11:48 AM EST
* Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star did some digging and found that reports of the Royals trading Mark Teahen to the White Sox for Chris Getz and Josh Fields were at least premature and at most simply incorrect.
Bill Madden of the New York Daily News initially reported the trade and the Chicago Sun Times got confirmation from a White Sox source, but yesterday Royals general manager Dayton Moore downplayed the idea that a trade had been completed.
* In what is a much stickier situation because his brother is the team’s best player, the Padres dropped Edgar Gonzalez from the 40-man roster. “I think this is the end of my run here,” Gonzalez said. “I love San Diego and the Padres gave me an opportunity that I’m thankful for, but my future is probably elsewhere.”
* Just in case you thought the Dodgers were the only NL West team going through drama caused by the owner breaking up with his wife, Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union Tribune has all the details on the Padres’ similarly messy situation.
* The Yankees’ victory parade is going on right now in New York with an estimated 500,000 to one million fans and CC Sabathia will be guest a guest on The Jay Leno Show tonight.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)