Nov 6, 2009, 11:48 AM EDT
* Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star did some digging and found that reports of the Royals trading Mark Teahen to the White Sox for Chris Getz and Josh Fields were at least premature and at most simply incorrect.
Bill Madden of the New York Daily News initially reported the trade and the Chicago Sun Times got confirmation from a White Sox source, but yesterday Royals general manager Dayton Moore downplayed the idea that a trade had been completed.
* In what is a much stickier situation because his brother is the team’s best player, the Padres dropped Edgar Gonzalez from the 40-man roster. “I think this is the end of my run here,” Gonzalez said. “I love San Diego and the Padres gave me an opportunity that I’m thankful for, but my future is probably elsewhere.”
* Just in case you thought the Dodgers were the only NL West team going through drama caused by the owner breaking up with his wife, Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union Tribune has all the details on the Padres’ similarly messy situation.
* The Yankees’ victory parade is going on right now in New York with an estimated 500,000 to one million fans and CC Sabathia will be guest a guest on The Jay Leno Show tonight.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)