Nov 6, 2009, 11:48 AM EDT
* Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star did some digging and found that reports of the Royals trading Mark Teahen to the White Sox for Chris Getz and Josh Fields were at least premature and at most simply incorrect.
Bill Madden of the New York Daily News initially reported the trade and the Chicago Sun Times got confirmation from a White Sox source, but yesterday Royals general manager Dayton Moore downplayed the idea that a trade had been completed.
* In what is a much stickier situation because his brother is the team’s best player, the Padres dropped Edgar Gonzalez from the 40-man roster. “I think this is the end of my run here,” Gonzalez said. “I love San Diego and the Padres gave me an opportunity that I’m thankful for, but my future is probably elsewhere.”
* Just in case you thought the Dodgers were the only NL West team going through drama caused by the owner breaking up with his wife, Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union Tribune has all the details on the Padres’ similarly messy situation.
* The Yankees’ victory parade is going on right now in New York with an estimated 500,000 to one million fans and CC Sabathia will be guest a guest on The Jay Leno Show tonight.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)