Nov 6, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
“Andy, I think you left for three years to go run a Dairy Queen or something.”
– David Letterman to Andy Pettitte last night, subtly reminding everyone that the “Core Four” weren’t all with the Yankees since 1995.
It’s a cheap shot, though. Dairy Queen at least has Blizzards. In contrast, there’s very little enjoyment to be had at all from the Houston Astros.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)