Nov 6, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
“Andy, I think you left for three years to go run a Dairy Queen or something.”
– David Letterman to Andy Pettitte last night, subtly reminding everyone that the “Core Four” weren’t all with the Yankees since 1995.
It’s a cheap shot, though. Dairy Queen at least has Blizzards. In contrast, there’s very little enjoyment to be had at all from the Houston Astros.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42