Nov 7, 2009, 6:27 PM EDT
- New Blue Jays general manager Alex
Anthopoulos is reluctant to give up a pitcher of Roy Halladay’s
caliber, but realizes that the two parties will likely part ways after
2010, increasing the likelihood of a trade this winter.
- Speaking of the Blue Jays, they are discussing a trade that would send first baseman Lyle Overbay to the Diamondbacks in exchange for catcher Chris Snyder. It seems like an odd trade for the cost-conscious Blue Jays. Some of you may remember that I proposed the Mets as a potential fit for Snyder back in July.
This was before the 28-year-old catcher underwent back surgery in
September. I see a club like the Mets or Red Sox — i.e., a franchise
with the ability to absorb a riskier contract — as a more likely
destination for Snyder, but I’ve been wrong before.
- Brad Lidge will undergo surgery to remove some loose bodies from his right elbow on Wednesday, while Raul Ibanez will have surgery to repair a sports hernia on Monday.
- Tony Massarotti of the Boston
Globe reports that the Red Sox, who are in need of a shortstop, were in
on J.J. Hardy, but Milwaukee’s demands — Clay Buchholz or Daniel Bard
– were too high. Futhermore, Boston didn’t have a center field prospect to match Carlos Gomez.
- And finally, what the heck happened to Sammy Sosa?
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)