Nov 7, 2009, 6:27 PM EDT
– New Blue Jays general manager Alex
Anthopoulos is reluctant to give up a pitcher of Roy Halladay’s
caliber, but realizes that the two parties will likely part ways after
2010, increasing the likelihood of a trade this winter.
– Speaking of the Blue Jays, they are discussing a trade that would send first baseman Lyle Overbay to the Diamondbacks in exchange for catcher Chris Snyder. It seems like an odd trade for the cost-conscious Blue Jays. Some of you may remember that I proposed the Mets as a potential fit for Snyder back in July.
This was before the 28-year-old catcher underwent back surgery in
September. I see a club like the Mets or Red Sox — i.e., a franchise
with the ability to absorb a riskier contract — as a more likely
destination for Snyder, but I’ve been wrong before.
– Brad Lidge will undergo surgery to remove some loose bodies from his right elbow on Wednesday, while Raul Ibanez will have surgery to repair a sports hernia on Monday.
– Tony Massarotti of the Boston
Globe reports that the Red Sox, who are in need of a shortstop, were in
on J.J. Hardy, but Milwaukee’s demands — Clay Buchholz or Daniel Bard
— were too high. Futhermore, Boston didn’t have a center field prospect to match Carlos Gomez.
– And finally, what the heck happened to Sammy Sosa?
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)