Nov 7, 2009, 6:27 PM EDT
– New Blue Jays general manager Alex
Anthopoulos is reluctant to give up a pitcher of Roy Halladay’s
caliber, but realizes that the two parties will likely part ways after
2010, increasing the likelihood of a trade this winter.
– Speaking of the Blue Jays, they are discussing a trade that would send first baseman Lyle Overbay to the Diamondbacks in exchange for catcher Chris Snyder. It seems like an odd trade for the cost-conscious Blue Jays. Some of you may remember that I proposed the Mets as a potential fit for Snyder back in July.
This was before the 28-year-old catcher underwent back surgery in
September. I see a club like the Mets or Red Sox — i.e., a franchise
with the ability to absorb a riskier contract — as a more likely
destination for Snyder, but I’ve been wrong before.
– Brad Lidge will undergo surgery to remove some loose bodies from his right elbow on Wednesday, while Raul Ibanez will have surgery to repair a sports hernia on Monday.
– Tony Massarotti of the Boston
Globe reports that the Red Sox, who are in need of a shortstop, were in
on J.J. Hardy, but Milwaukee’s demands — Clay Buchholz or Daniel Bard
— were too high. Futhermore, Boston didn’t have a center field prospect to match Carlos Gomez.
– And finally, what the heck happened to Sammy Sosa?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)