Nov 7, 2009, 6:27 PM EDT
- New Blue Jays general manager Alex
Anthopoulos is reluctant to give up a pitcher of Roy Halladay’s
caliber, but realizes that the two parties will likely part ways after
2010, increasing the likelihood of a trade this winter.
- Speaking of the Blue Jays, they are discussing a trade that would send first baseman Lyle Overbay to the Diamondbacks in exchange for catcher Chris Snyder. It seems like an odd trade for the cost-conscious Blue Jays. Some of you may remember that I proposed the Mets as a potential fit for Snyder back in July.
This was before the 28-year-old catcher underwent back surgery in
September. I see a club like the Mets or Red Sox — i.e., a franchise
with the ability to absorb a riskier contract — as a more likely
destination for Snyder, but I’ve been wrong before.
- Brad Lidge will undergo surgery to remove some loose bodies from his right elbow on Wednesday, while Raul Ibanez will have surgery to repair a sports hernia on Monday.
- Tony Massarotti of the Boston
Globe reports that the Red Sox, who are in need of a shortstop, were in
on J.J. Hardy, but Milwaukee’s demands — Clay Buchholz or Daniel Bard
— were too high. Futhermore, Boston didn’t have a center field prospect to match Carlos Gomez.
- And finally, what the heck happened to Sammy Sosa?
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)