Nov 8, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
That’s one of the three proposed rule changes Nico of Athletics Nation makes this morning. He’s not just talking about manager visits: catcher and infielder pow-wows would be limited too. His reasoning on that one is that conferences in every other sport are limited by the number of time outs and natural breaks in the action at the team’s disposal, so why not baseball too? Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand baseball’s lack of a clock makes the time out analogy inapt. On the other, man, I hate those mound meetings. Why not give an advantage to teams that prepare better before the game?
The other two changes make sense too. Check ‘em out.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 4
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 31
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 23
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 15
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 12
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)