Nov 8, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
That’s one of the three proposed rule changes Nico of Athletics Nation makes this morning. He’s not just talking about manager visits: catcher and infielder pow-wows would be limited too. His reasoning on that one is that conferences in every other sport are limited by the number of time outs and natural breaks in the action at the team’s disposal, so why not baseball too? Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand baseball’s lack of a clock makes the time out analogy inapt. On the other, man, I hate those mound meetings. Why not give an advantage to teams that prepare better before the game?
The other two changes make sense too. Check ‘em out.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)