Nov 8, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
That’s one of the three proposed rule changes Nico of Athletics Nation makes this morning. He’s not just talking about manager visits: catcher and infielder pow-wows would be limited too. His reasoning on that one is that conferences in every other sport are limited by the number of time outs and natural breaks in the action at the team’s disposal, so why not baseball too? Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand baseball’s lack of a clock makes the time out analogy inapt. On the other, man, I hate those mound meetings. Why not give an advantage to teams that prepare better before the game?
The other two changes make sense too. Check ‘em out.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)