Nov 8, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
That’s one of the three proposed rule changes Nico of Athletics Nation makes this morning. He’s not just talking about manager visits: catcher and infielder pow-wows would be limited too. His reasoning on that one is that conferences in every other sport are limited by the number of time outs and natural breaks in the action at the team’s disposal, so why not baseball too? Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand baseball’s lack of a clock makes the time out analogy inapt. On the other, man, I hate those mound meetings. Why not give an advantage to teams that prepare better before the game?
The other two changes make sense too. Check ’em out.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 63
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 63
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)