Nov 9, 2009, 9:25 AM EST
Because there hasn’t been a ton of baseball news in recent days, a lot of folks were talking about Sammy Sosa’s complexion: as in, he looked like a cross between later period Michael Jackson and a zombie when he showed up at the Latin Grammy Awards over the weekend. No worries, says a friend of his, he’s just a victim of a chemical peel and some harsh flashbulbs:
“He is going through a rejuvenation process for his skin. Women have it
all of the time. He was surprised he came out looking so white. I
thought it was a body double. Part of [the photo appearance] is just
the lighting.” Polihronis said Sosa told her the photos are deceiving.
“He was doing a dermatological skin process after years and years [of
playing baseball] in the sun,” Polihronis said. “It did come out
looking weird” in the photos.
Certainly not the first time we’ve seen a radical transformation from Sosa. Last time we were told that it was a function of weights, aging and flax seed oil or some such nonsense, so we have absolutely no reason to doubt the explanation for the Sosa’s current new look.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)