Nov 9, 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
Because there hasn’t been a ton of baseball news in recent days, a lot of folks were talking about Sammy Sosa’s complexion: as in, he looked like a cross between later period Michael Jackson and a zombie when he showed up at the Latin Grammy Awards over the weekend. No worries, says a friend of his, he’s just a victim of a chemical peel and some harsh flashbulbs:
“He is going through a rejuvenation process for his skin. Women have it
all of the time. He was surprised he came out looking so white. I
thought it was a body double. Part of [the photo appearance] is just
the lighting.” Polihronis said Sosa told her the photos are deceiving.
“He was doing a dermatological skin process after years and years [of
playing baseball] in the sun,” Polihronis said. “It did come out
looking weird” in the photos.
Certainly not the first time we’ve seen a radical transformation from Sosa. Last time we were told that it was a function of weights, aging and flax seed oil or some such nonsense, so we have absolutely no reason to doubt the explanation for the Sosa’s current new look.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 9
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 42
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)