Nov 9, 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
Because there hasn’t been a ton of baseball news in recent days, a lot of folks were talking about Sammy Sosa’s complexion: as in, he looked like a cross between later period Michael Jackson and a zombie when he showed up at the Latin Grammy Awards over the weekend. No worries, says a friend of his, he’s just a victim of a chemical peel and some harsh flashbulbs:
“He is going through a rejuvenation process for his skin. Women have it
all of the time. He was surprised he came out looking so white. I
thought it was a body double. Part of [the photo appearance] is just
the lighting.” Polihronis said Sosa told her the photos are deceiving.
“He was doing a dermatological skin process after years and years [of
playing baseball] in the sun,” Polihronis said. “It did come out
looking weird” in the photos.
Certainly not the first time we’ve seen a radical transformation from Sosa. Last time we were told that it was a function of weights, aging and flax seed oil or some such nonsense, so we have absolutely no reason to doubt the explanation for the Sosa’s current new look.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)