Nov 9, 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
Because there hasn’t been a ton of baseball news in recent days, a lot of folks were talking about Sammy Sosa’s complexion: as in, he looked like a cross between later period Michael Jackson and a zombie when he showed up at the Latin Grammy Awards over the weekend. No worries, says a friend of his, he’s just a victim of a chemical peel and some harsh flashbulbs:
“He is going through a rejuvenation process for his skin. Women have it
all of the time. He was surprised he came out looking so white. I
thought it was a body double. Part of [the photo appearance] is just
the lighting.” Polihronis said Sosa told her the photos are deceiving.
“He was doing a dermatological skin process after years and years [of
playing baseball] in the sun,” Polihronis said. “It did come out
looking weird” in the photos.
Certainly not the first time we’ve seen a radical transformation from Sosa. Last time we were told that it was a function of weights, aging and flax seed oil or some such nonsense, so we have absolutely no reason to doubt the explanation for the Sosa’s current new look.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)