Nov 12, 2009, 11:50 AM EST
* Brandon Webb threw yesterday for the first time since August shoulder surgery, playing catch on flat ground from 60 feet for about 15 minutes. “No problems and no pain,” Webb said afterward. “I was very encouraged.” Last week the Diamondbacks exercised their $8.5 million option on Webb for 2010 and the hope is that he’ll be ready for spring training.
* Scratched from his start in the Arizona Fall League’s televised “Rising Stars Game” over the weekend because of a strained neck, Stephen Strasburg is now scheduled to get back on the mound Sunday.
* Glen Perkins and the Twins have reached a settlement on the grievance that he filed over suppressed service time. The two sides had been scheduled for a Friday hearing in New York. Perkins remains a strong candidate to be traded this offseason.
* Steven Soderbergh stepping away from the project put the Moneyball movie in flux, but 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb and Capote director Bennett Miller are reportedly now under consideration to take over the Brad Pitt vehicle.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)