Nov 12, 2009, 11:50 AM EDT
* Brandon Webb threw yesterday for the first time since August shoulder surgery, playing catch on flat ground from 60 feet for about 15 minutes. “No problems and no pain,” Webb said afterward. “I was very encouraged.” Last week the Diamondbacks exercised their $8.5 million option on Webb for 2010 and the hope is that he’ll be ready for spring training.
* Scratched from his start in the Arizona Fall League’s televised “Rising Stars Game” over the weekend because of a strained neck, Stephen Strasburg is now scheduled to get back on the mound Sunday.
* Glen Perkins and the Twins have reached a settlement on the grievance that he filed over suppressed service time. The two sides had been scheduled for a Friday hearing in New York. Perkins remains a strong candidate to be traded this offseason.
* Steven Soderbergh stepping away from the project put the Moneyball movie in flux, but 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb and Capote director Bennett Miller are reportedly now under consideration to take over the Brad Pitt vehicle.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)