Nov 13, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Texas Rangers are interested in Vlad Guerrero. Makes all kinds of sense. The Rangers obviously want and need a DH, as evidenced by their recent flirtation with the idea of bringing back Milton Bradley. Also, as Rosenthal notes, Vald has killed the ball in Texas. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the fact that he’s faced some truly awful Ranger pitching there over the years and won’t get to do that if he’s, you know, playing for them, but we’ll let that go for a moment.
But the money. Vlad wouldn’t seem like a total bank-buster — Rosenthal says he’s inspired by Abreu’s two-year, $19 million deal, which may not be unreasonable for Guerrero — but almost any real amount of money is unreasonable for the strapped Rangers these days. They’re on MLB welfare for cryin’ out loud.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)