Nov 16, 2009, 1:15 PM EDT
* Derek Jeter will host Saturday Night Live next month for the second time, with musical guests Jay-Z and Alicia Keys no doubt performing his pre-at-bat song “New York State of Mind.”
Jeter dressed in drag to portray Alfonso Soriano’s wife when he hosted SNL back in 2001 and several Yankees made cameos, so it should be another interesting show. I’m hoping for a Friday Night Lights/Lyla Garrity skit.
* Fired four days after being named the Diamondbacks’ manager in 2004 because of legal and financial problems surfacing, Wally Backman has now been hired to manage a Single-A team in the Mets organization.
* What did you do this weekend? Clay Buchholz got married to a Deal or No Deal model.
* You can find most of the Circling the Bases crew on Twitter:
– Aaron Gleeman: @aarongleeman
– Matthew Pouliot: @matthewpouliot
– Bob Harkins – @bharks
– D.J. Short – @djshort
– Matt Casey – @mattcasey9
Craig Calcaterra isn’t on Twitter yet, but once he gets comfortable using a VCR and Walkman we’re confident that he’ll join.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (93)