Nov 16, 2009, 1:15 PM EDT
* Derek Jeter will host Saturday Night Live next month for the second time, with musical guests Jay-Z and Alicia Keys no doubt performing his pre-at-bat song “New York State of Mind.”
Jeter dressed in drag to portray Alfonso Soriano’s wife when he hosted SNL back in 2001 and several Yankees made cameos, so it should be another interesting show. I’m hoping for a Friday Night Lights/Lyla Garrity skit.
* Fired four days after being named the Diamondbacks’ manager in 2004 because of legal and financial problems surfacing, Wally Backman has now been hired to manage a Single-A team in the Mets organization.
* What did you do this weekend? Clay Buchholz got married to a Deal or No Deal model.
* You can find most of the Circling the Bases crew on Twitter:
– Aaron Gleeman: @aarongleeman
– Matthew Pouliot: @matthewpouliot
– Bob Harkins – @bharks
– D.J. Short – @djshort
– Matt Casey – @mattcasey9
Craig Calcaterra isn’t on Twitter yet, but once he gets comfortable using a VCR and Walkman we’re confident that he’ll join.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)