Nov 17, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
Not a terribly notable one, though. It’s Hisanori Takahashi, a 34 year-old lefty from the Yomiuri Giants who has declared free agency and wants to pitch in U.S..
The only things I could find out about the guy is that (a) he had a couple of decent years as a starter a few years ago; (b) he has been a swingman since then; (c) he got roughed up in his last outing in the Japan Series; and (d) he “got a Yomiuri batter’s foul ball on his face in his bench on a day the first half of 2006 and he got out of games.” Yes, that last bit came via a blog post that was translated from Japanese. If someone has an English language scouting report on this guy, they dug really really deep to find it.
Because he’s a lefty there will probably always be a place for a fellow like Takahashi, though given his resume and his age, his posting fee probably won’t buy you fare from Shinjuku to Moto-yawata on the leaf green line of the Toei.
(photo via a Creative Commons license via Flickr)
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)