Nov 17, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
Not a terribly notable one, though. It’s Hisanori Takahashi, a 34 year-old lefty from the Yomiuri Giants who has declared free agency and wants to pitch in U.S..
The only things I could find out about the guy is that (a) he had a couple of decent years as a starter a few years ago; (b) he has been a swingman since then; (c) he got roughed up in his last outing in the Japan Series; and (d) he “got a Yomiuri batter’s foul ball on his face in his bench on a day the first half of 2006 and he got out of games.” Yes, that last bit came via a blog post that was translated from Japanese. If someone has an English language scouting report on this guy, they dug really really deep to find it.
Because he’s a lefty there will probably always be a place for a fellow like Takahashi, though given his resume and his age, his posting fee probably won’t buy you fare from Shinjuku to Moto-yawata on the leaf green line of the Toei.
(photo via a Creative Commons license via Flickr)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)