Nov 17, 2009, 3:27 PM EDT
* General manager Ed Wade said that the Astros “are not prepared to close any doors with” free agent Miguel Tejada, but Brian McTaggart of MLB.com speculates that the 35-year-old may asked to move from shortstop to third base if he re-signs.
* Scott Olsen is feeling good following season-ending shoulder surgery, but the Nationals may decide to cut him loose rather than take him to arbitration. Olsen showed a lot of promise as a 22-year-old rookie in 2006, but has gone just 20-30 with a 5.10 ERA in 77 starts since.
* As if Zack Greinke winning the AL Cy Young wasn’t enough good news for one day, the Royals have reportedly been picked over the Red Sox to host the All-Star game in 2012. If you’re curious, that’s the final season of Greinke’s contract.
* Unfortunately the news isn’t all good for Greinke and company, as The Onion reports: “Kansas City Fails To Pick Up Option On Royals.”
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)