Nov 17, 2009, 3:27 PM EDT
* General manager Ed Wade said that the Astros “are not prepared to close any doors with” free agent Miguel Tejada, but Brian McTaggart of MLB.com speculates that the 35-year-old may asked to move from shortstop to third base if he re-signs.
* Scott Olsen is feeling good following season-ending shoulder surgery, but the Nationals may decide to cut him loose rather than take him to arbitration. Olsen showed a lot of promise as a 22-year-old rookie in 2006, but has gone just 20-30 with a 5.10 ERA in 77 starts since.
* As if Zack Greinke winning the AL Cy Young wasn’t enough good news for one day, the Royals have reportedly been picked over the Red Sox to host the All-Star game in 2012. If you’re curious, that’s the final season of Greinke’s contract.
* Unfortunately the news isn’t all good for Greinke and company, as The Onion reports: “Kansas City Fails To Pick Up Option On Royals.”
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)