Nov 17, 2009, 3:27 PM EDT
* General manager Ed Wade said that the Astros “are not prepared to close any doors with” free agent Miguel Tejada, but Brian McTaggart of MLB.com speculates that the 35-year-old may asked to move from shortstop to third base if he re-signs.
* Scott Olsen is feeling good following season-ending shoulder surgery, but the Nationals may decide to cut him loose rather than take him to arbitration. Olsen showed a lot of promise as a 22-year-old rookie in 2006, but has gone just 20-30 with a 5.10 ERA in 77 starts since.
* As if Zack Greinke winning the AL Cy Young wasn’t enough good news for one day, the Royals have reportedly been picked over the Red Sox to host the All-Star game in 2012. If you’re curious, that’s the final season of Greinke’s contract.
* Unfortunately the news isn’t all good for Greinke and company, as The Onion reports: “Kansas City Fails To Pick Up Option On Royals.”
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 48
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 46
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 7
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months