Nov 17, 2009, 3:27 PM EDT
* General manager Ed Wade said that the Astros “are not prepared to close any doors with” free agent Miguel Tejada, but Brian McTaggart of MLB.com speculates that the 35-year-old may asked to move from shortstop to third base if he re-signs.
* Scott Olsen is feeling good following season-ending shoulder surgery, but the Nationals may decide to cut him loose rather than take him to arbitration. Olsen showed a lot of promise as a 22-year-old rookie in 2006, but has gone just 20-30 with a 5.10 ERA in 77 starts since.
* As if Zack Greinke winning the AL Cy Young wasn’t enough good news for one day, the Royals have reportedly been picked over the Red Sox to host the All-Star game in 2012. If you’re curious, that’s the final season of Greinke’s contract.
* Unfortunately the news isn’t all good for Greinke and company, as The Onion reports: “Kansas City Fails To Pick Up Option On Royals.”
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)