Nov 19, 2009, 7:16 PM EDT
On the day before teams could officially make offers to another team’s free agents, most of the talk from GMs and owners related to which players they wouldn’t pursue.
*As we touched on earlier, the Angels are out on Matt Holliday.
*The Giants say it’s doubtful that they’ll be involved in the chase for Holliday or Jason Bay.
*The Dodgers are looking for starting pitching and may put together a package for Roy Halladay, but they won’t pursue John Lackey, says the Los Angeles Times.
*A source told the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs won’t try for Pedro Martinez.
*We also learned earlier this week that the Tigers won’t attempt to re-sign summer acquisitions Jarrod Washburn and Aubrey Huff.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29