Nov 19, 2009, 7:16 PM EDT
On the day before teams could officially make offers to another team’s free agents, most of the talk from GMs and owners related to which players they wouldn’t pursue.
*As we touched on earlier, the Angels are out on Matt Holliday.
*The Giants say it’s doubtful that they’ll be involved in the chase for Holliday or Jason Bay.
*The Dodgers are looking for starting pitching and may put together a package for Roy Halladay, but they won’t pursue John Lackey, says the Los Angeles Times.
*A source told the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs won’t try for Pedro Martinez.
*We also learned earlier this week that the Tigers won’t attempt to re-sign summer acquisitions Jarrod Washburn and Aubrey Huff.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)