Nov 19, 2009, 7:16 PM EDT
On the day before teams could officially make offers to another team’s free agents, most of the talk from GMs and owners related to which players they wouldn’t pursue.
*As we touched on earlier, the Angels are out on Matt Holliday.
*The Giants say it’s doubtful that they’ll be involved in the chase for Holliday or Jason Bay.
*The Dodgers are looking for starting pitching and may put together a package for Roy Halladay, but they won’t pursue John Lackey, says the Los Angeles Times.
*A source told the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs won’t try for Pedro Martinez.
*We also learned earlier this week that the Tigers won’t attempt to re-sign summer acquisitions Jarrod Washburn and Aubrey Huff.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 2
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)