Nov 19, 2009, 7:16 PM EDT
On the day before teams could officially make offers to another team’s free agents, most of the talk from GMs and owners related to which players they wouldn’t pursue.
*As we touched on earlier, the Angels are out on Matt Holliday.
*The Giants say it’s doubtful that they’ll be involved in the chase for Holliday or Jason Bay.
*The Dodgers are looking for starting pitching and may put together a package for Roy Halladay, but they won’t pursue John Lackey, says the Los Angeles Times.
*A source told the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs won’t try for Pedro Martinez.
*We also learned earlier this week that the Tigers won’t attempt to re-sign summer acquisitions Jarrod Washburn and Aubrey Huff.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)