Nov 19, 2009, 6:00 PM EST
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal, who suddenly joined twitter a mere two days after I whined about his absence mentions that that the Braves were turned down by the Brewers after offering Derek Lowe for Corey Hart.
It wasn’t a tough call for Milwaukee. Hart’s stock is way down from a year ago and he likely could be had in the right deal, but he’s not particularly expensive. He’ll probably command $4 million-$4.5 million in arbitration, and he’s still two years away from free agency.
Lowe, on the other hand, is due $45 million for three years. The Brewers could really use someone with his ability to eat innings, but no one is looking at Lowe as an asset at that price after his disappointing 2009 season.
The Brewers would almost surely jump if the Braves instead offered Javier Vazquez for Hart, but it’s doubtful Atlanta will go that route.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 0
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 31
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 12
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 133
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (135)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)