Nov 20, 2009, 2:44 PM EDT
Television website THR.com has the details on Curtis Granderson’s attempts to branch out:
MLB All-Star Curtis Granderson is shopping a reality series with production company Authentic Entertainment (Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes,” Bravo’s “Flipping Out”).
The Detroit Tigers player has agreed to host a TV and online series titled “Stadium Secrets” where he takes sports fans on an exploration of stadiums. The concept is similar to Authentic’s “Cities of the Underworld” on History channel.
In addition to being one of the best all-around outfielders in baseball Granderson is a really smart, interesting guy who has done all sorts of things to interact with fans, so this seems like a natural fit.
Interestingly, there have been rumors of the Tigers possibly shopping him this offseason because of payroll constraints and the Angels are seemingly the team most mentioned in possible trade scenarios. I’m sure that Granderson likes Detroit, but with his new projects perhaps he wouldn’t mind a move to California.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (202)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)