Nov 20, 2009, 2:44 PM EDT
Television website THR.com has the details on Curtis Granderson’s attempts to branch out:
MLB All-Star Curtis Granderson is shopping a reality series with production company Authentic Entertainment (Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes,” Bravo’s “Flipping Out”).
The Detroit Tigers player has agreed to host a TV and online series titled “Stadium Secrets” where he takes sports fans on an exploration of stadiums. The concept is similar to Authentic’s “Cities of the Underworld” on History channel.
In addition to being one of the best all-around outfielders in baseball Granderson is a really smart, interesting guy who has done all sorts of things to interact with fans, so this seems like a natural fit.
Interestingly, there have been rumors of the Tigers possibly shopping him this offseason because of payroll constraints and the Angels are seemingly the team most mentioned in possible trade scenarios. I’m sure that Granderson likes Detroit, but with his new projects perhaps he wouldn’t mind a move to California.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)