Nov 20, 2009, 2:44 PM EDT
Television website THR.com has the details on Curtis Granderson’s attempts to branch out:
MLB All-Star Curtis Granderson is shopping a reality series with production company Authentic Entertainment (Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes,” Bravo’s “Flipping Out”).
The Detroit Tigers player has agreed to host a TV and online series titled “Stadium Secrets” where he takes sports fans on an exploration of stadiums. The concept is similar to Authentic’s “Cities of the Underworld” on History channel.
In addition to being one of the best all-around outfielders in baseball Granderson is a really smart, interesting guy who has done all sorts of things to interact with fans, so this seems like a natural fit.
Interestingly, there have been rumors of the Tigers possibly shopping him this offseason because of payroll constraints and the Angels are seemingly the team most mentioned in possible trade scenarios. I’m sure that Granderson likes Detroit, but with his new projects perhaps he wouldn’t mind a move to California.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)