Nov 20, 2009, 2:44 PM EDT
Television website THR.com has the details on Curtis Granderson’s attempts to branch out:
MLB All-Star Curtis Granderson is shopping a reality series with production company Authentic Entertainment (Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes,” Bravo’s “Flipping Out”).
The Detroit Tigers player has agreed to host a TV and online series titled “Stadium Secrets” where he takes sports fans on an exploration of stadiums. The concept is similar to Authentic’s “Cities of the Underworld” on History channel.
In addition to being one of the best all-around outfielders in baseball Granderson is a really smart, interesting guy who has done all sorts of things to interact with fans, so this seems like a natural fit.
Interestingly, there have been rumors of the Tigers possibly shopping him this offseason because of payroll constraints and the Angels are seemingly the team most mentioned in possible trade scenarios. I’m sure that Granderson likes Detroit, but with his new projects perhaps he wouldn’t mind a move to California.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (117)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)