Nov 20, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT
Keith Law turns in his annual list of the top 50 free agents over at ESPN.com (Insider only). On the heels of his Cy Young ballot yesterday, you won’t be surprised to learn that he has Carl Pavano at number one.
OK, he doesn’t. I kid Keith because I love Keith. His list, as always, is a postseason must-read.
I’m biased, of course, so I think Matthew’s outrageously thorough series breaking down the free agents by position should be the first place you look, but there’s lots to chew on in Law’s piece, and second opinions are always welcome when it comes to this stuff.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)