Nov 20, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT
Keith Law turns in his annual list of the top 50 free agents over at ESPN.com (Insider only). On the heels of his Cy Young ballot yesterday, you won’t be surprised to learn that he has Carl Pavano at number one.
OK, he doesn’t. I kid Keith because I love Keith. His list, as always, is a postseason must-read.
I’m biased, of course, so I think Matthew’s outrageously thorough series breaking down the free agents by position should be the first place you look, but there’s lots to chew on in Law’s piece, and second opinions are always welcome when it comes to this stuff.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)