Nov 20, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT
Keith Law turns in his annual list of the top 50 free agents over at ESPN.com (Insider only). On the heels of his Cy Young ballot yesterday, you won’t be surprised to learn that he has Carl Pavano at number one.
OK, he doesn’t. I kid Keith because I love Keith. His list, as always, is a postseason must-read.
I’m biased, of course, so I think Matthew’s outrageously thorough series breaking down the free agents by position should be the first place you look, but there’s lots to chew on in Law’s piece, and second opinions are always welcome when it comes to this stuff.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)