Nov 21, 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports “tweets” that the Blue Jays and Dodgers have revisited talks on a potential Roy Halladay trade.
While Brown acknowledged that the two sides were talking, he later
cited a source close to the two teams saying that a deal is “highly
unlikely” as of now.
This comes on the heels of another report from Carrie Muskat of MLB.com, who writes that the Blue Jays initiated conversation with the Cubs in regards to Halladay.
Though Chicago doesn’t look like a likely landing spot, the most interesting thing to take
from Muskat’s piece is that Toronto “made it clear that they want
to move Halladay this offseason.”
New general manager Alex Anthopoulos’
early aggressiveness speaks to this. He clearly has the gem of the offseason pitching market, but let’s hope he has
learned from J.P. Ricciardi’s missteps.
Halladay is under contract for $15.75 million next season, after which he becomes a free agent.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 44
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 57
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)