Nov 21, 2009, 1:44 PM EST
Jon Heyman of SI.com “tweets” that the Red Sox may stay in touch with Jason Bay, however “competing execs believe they’re looking at hard at alternatives now.” Before hitting free agency, Bay reportedly rejected a four-year contract offer from Boston worth approximately $60 million.
Speaking of alternatives, Mike Silverman of the Boston Herald reported on Friday that the Red Sox inquired about four of Scott Boras’ clients
– Matt Holliday, Rick Ankiel, Adrian Beltre and Mike Gonzalez. Holliday
would be a more expensive alternative to Bay, however he is also viewed
as a superior player.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)