Nov 21, 2009, 1:44 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com “tweets” that the Red Sox may stay in touch with Jason Bay, however “competing execs believe they’re looking at hard at alternatives now.” Before hitting free agency, Bay reportedly rejected a four-year contract offer from Boston worth approximately $60 million.
Speaking of alternatives, Mike Silverman of the Boston Herald reported on Friday that the Red Sox inquired about four of Scott Boras’ clients
– Matt Holliday, Rick Ankiel, Adrian Beltre and Mike Gonzalez. Holliday
would be a more expensive alternative to Bay, however he is also viewed
as a superior player.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)