Nov 21, 2009, 10:17 AM EST
Go ahead and wipe that sweat from your brow, Nats fans. It looks like Stephen Strasburg is going to be just fine.
The number one selection of the 2009
First Year Player Draft made a precautionary visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum
in California on Friday after an MRI on his left knee showed some
inflammation. Strasburg twisted his left knee and heard a pop while shagging flyballs during a workout in the Arizona Fall League on Thursday.
Yocum recommended rest and therapy for the knee, however surgery will
not be necessary. He should be on track for spring training.
Crisis averted, I guess, however
with the injury we are robbed of yet another opportunity to see him
pitch on the national stage. The 21-year-old phenom was scheduled to
start for the Phoenix Desert Dogs in the AFL Championship Game against
Peoria on Saturday, televised by MLB Network. Strasburg was previously
scratched from a start in the AFL’s “Rising Stars” game due to a stiff
neck. Guess we’ll have to wait until spring training.
Strasburg finishes the AFL at 4-1 with a 4.26 ERA and a 23/7 K/BB in 19 innings.
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 0
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 125
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (125)