Nov 23, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
On Friday it was reported that the White Sox were interested in ancient former Mariner (and Indian and Giant and Ranger) Omar Vizquel. Yesterday the Chicago Tribune reported that the Sox have offered Vizquel $1 million. You have to figure he’s gonna take it.
Vizquel is only three years younger than Ozzie Guillen, and like his manager is a shortstop from Venezuela. Unlike Guillen, however, Vizquel has a decidedly intellectual bent and is reported to be one of the nicest guys in the game.
Now that there is about to be a yin to go with Guillen’s yang, you have to figure that Chicago’s balance has been restored and that they will be cosmically poised to win the AL Central.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)