Nov 23, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
On Friday it was reported that the White Sox were interested in ancient former Mariner (and Indian and Giant and Ranger) Omar Vizquel. Yesterday the Chicago Tribune reported that the Sox have offered Vizquel $1 million. You have to figure he’s gonna take it.
Vizquel is only three years younger than Ozzie Guillen, and like his manager is a shortstop from Venezuela. Unlike Guillen, however, Vizquel has a decidedly intellectual bent and is reported to be one of the nicest guys in the game.
Now that there is about to be a yin to go with Guillen’s yang, you have to figure that Chicago’s balance has been restored and that they will be cosmically poised to win the AL Central.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)