Nov 23, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
On Friday it was reported that the White Sox were interested in ancient former Mariner (and Indian and Giant and Ranger) Omar Vizquel. Yesterday the Chicago Tribune reported that the Sox have offered Vizquel $1 million. You have to figure he’s gonna take it.
Vizquel is only three years younger than Ozzie Guillen, and like his manager is a shortstop from Venezuela. Unlike Guillen, however, Vizquel has a decidedly intellectual bent and is reported to be one of the nicest guys in the game.
Now that there is about to be a yin to go with Guillen’s yang, you have to figure that Chicago’s balance has been restored and that they will be cosmically poised to win the AL Central.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 50
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)