Nov 23, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
On Friday it was reported that the White Sox were interested in ancient former Mariner (and Indian and Giant and Ranger) Omar Vizquel. Yesterday the Chicago Tribune reported that the Sox have offered Vizquel $1 million. You have to figure he’s gonna take it.
Vizquel is only three years younger than Ozzie Guillen, and like his manager is a shortstop from Venezuela. Unlike Guillen, however, Vizquel has a decidedly intellectual bent and is reported to be one of the nicest guys in the game.
Now that there is about to be a yin to go with Guillen’s yang, you have to figure that Chicago’s balance has been restored and that they will be cosmically poised to win the AL Central.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 25
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)