Nov 23, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
On Friday it was reported that the White Sox were interested in ancient former Mariner (and Indian and Giant and Ranger) Omar Vizquel. Yesterday the Chicago Tribune reported that the Sox have offered Vizquel $1 million. You have to figure he’s gonna take it.
Vizquel is only three years younger than Ozzie Guillen, and like his manager is a shortstop from Venezuela. Unlike Guillen, however, Vizquel has a decidedly intellectual bent and is reported to be one of the nicest guys in the game.
Now that there is about to be a yin to go with Guillen’s yang, you have to figure that Chicago’s balance has been restored and that they will be cosmically poised to win the AL Central.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 40
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)