Nov 24, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
Rosenthal says that someone “with close knowledge of the Tigers’ organization” thinks that the Angels may be the best trade partner out there for Detroit, given that they have depth at the three positions the Tigers have the most need: catcher, shortstop, and minimum-salary pitching.
Setting aside the curiousness of the phrase “someone with close knowledge of the Tigers’ organization” — who is that? A writer? A front office guy? A croupier from the MotorCity Casino? — Rosenthal adds the Angels to the long list of teams who would be interested in Curtis Granderson. More so than in Edwin Jackson, despite the fact that he’d help fill a hole created by the presumed departure of John Lackey. It’s all about (a) control, in that Granderson is locked up longer; and (b) Boras, as in Jackson is represented by him, making it less likely that they’d be able to keep him around beyond 2011 when he hits the market.
I still remain unconvinced that the Tigers will trade Granderson, if for no other reason that that which makes him so desirable — that he’s a cheap, All-Star quality centerfielder — is the exact thing that makes him so valuable to a Tigers.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)