Nov 24, 2009, 1:48 PM EDT
One of the worst things the Mets ever did — and believe me, there’s a long list to choose from — was to go wacky with their uniforms in the past few years. Those blue things from the 80s were bad enough, but the black caps and alternate jerseys they introduced a few years ago are more or less an abomination. Less offensive are the solid home whites, but they’re still sub-optimal. Their original uniforms — a mix of Yankee pinstripe, Dodger blue and Giants orange in honor of their New York Baseball forerunners — was always elegant and never in need of an upgrade.
Thankfully the Mets are bringing back the Seaver-era classics next season, at least as an alternate, retro thing. Here’s hoping that they go 10-0 or whatever in the new duds and make the change permanent.
If you look like a winner you’ll play like a winner, right? I mean, the Astros and Rockies have never won a World Series, have they?
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)