Nov 24, 2009, 1:48 PM EDT
One of the worst things the Mets ever did — and believe me, there’s a long list to choose from — was to go wacky with their uniforms in the past few years. Those blue things from the 80s were bad enough, but the black caps and alternate jerseys they introduced a few years ago are more or less an abomination. Less offensive are the solid home whites, but they’re still sub-optimal. Their original uniforms — a mix of Yankee pinstripe, Dodger blue and Giants orange in honor of their New York Baseball forerunners — was always elegant and never in need of an upgrade.
Thankfully the Mets are bringing back the Seaver-era classics next season, at least as an alternate, retro thing. Here’s hoping that they go 10-0 or whatever in the new duds and make the change permanent.
If you look like a winner you’ll play like a winner, right? I mean, the Astros and Rockies have never won a World Series, have they?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)