Nov 24, 2009, 1:25 PM EDT
Here are the overall number one picks from the past decade: Adrian Gonzalez; Joe Mauer; Bryan Bullington; Delmon Young; Matt Bush; Justin Upton; Luke Hochevar; David Price; Tim Beckham; Stephen Strasburg.
Guess which one the Royals just acquired!
If your answer is “the worst one,” well, you’re wrong, because that would be Matt Bush and he’s out of the game. If it’s “the second worst one” you’re right! At long last, Bryan Bullington is a Royal! He’s almost 30 and he has pitched all of 39 innings in the big leagues. Unless something extraordinary happens he’s not going to contribute all that much. But hey, maybe he and Luke Hochevar can pass the time in the bullpen talking about how cool it was to be number one overall picks.
I know. This is boring. Try to contain your excitement. They’ll announce the MVP in less than an hour and we can all argue about that then.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 82
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)