Nov 24, 2009, 1:25 PM EDT
Here are the overall number one picks from the past decade: Adrian Gonzalez; Joe Mauer; Bryan Bullington; Delmon Young; Matt Bush; Justin Upton; Luke Hochevar; David Price; Tim Beckham; Stephen Strasburg.
Guess which one the Royals just acquired!
If your answer is “the worst one,” well, you’re wrong, because that would be Matt Bush and he’s out of the game. If it’s “the second worst one” you’re right! At long last, Bryan Bullington is a Royal! He’s almost 30 and he has pitched all of 39 innings in the big leagues. Unless something extraordinary happens he’s not going to contribute all that much. But hey, maybe he and Luke Hochevar can pass the time in the bullpen talking about how cool it was to be number one overall picks.
I know. This is boring. Try to contain your excitement. They’ll announce the MVP in less than an hour and we can all argue about that then.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)