Nov 24, 2009, 1:25 PM EDT
Here are the overall number one picks from the past decade: Adrian Gonzalez; Joe Mauer; Bryan Bullington; Delmon Young; Matt Bush; Justin Upton; Luke Hochevar; David Price; Tim Beckham; Stephen Strasburg.
Guess which one the Royals just acquired!
If your answer is “the worst one,” well, you’re wrong, because that would be Matt Bush and he’s out of the game. If it’s “the second worst one” you’re right! At long last, Bryan Bullington is a Royal! He’s almost 30 and he has pitched all of 39 innings in the big leagues. Unless something extraordinary happens he’s not going to contribute all that much. But hey, maybe he and Luke Hochevar can pass the time in the bullpen talking about how cool it was to be number one overall picks.
I know. This is boring. Try to contain your excitement. They’ll announce the MVP in less than an hour and we can all argue about that then.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)