Nov 25, 2009, 4:45 PM EST
Other teams are interested in players too, we assume, but all indications are that it’s a lot more fun to report what the Red Sox and Yankees are doing.
FOXSports.com stated Wednesday that the Red Sox are displaying interest in free agent Justin Duchscherer, who missed the first three-quarters of last season while recovering from elbow surgery and the last quarter while battling depression.
Duchscherer was an All-Star in 2008, but he has a history of back, hip and arm troubles and it’s doubtful that he’ll be able to give a team 180 innings as a starter next season. He fits right into Boston’s usual strategy of acquiring rehabbing starters for depth and hoping for the best. He couldn’t work out a whole lot worse than John Smoltz and Brad Penny did last season.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15