Nov 25, 2009, 4:45 PM EDT
Other teams are interested in players too, we assume, but all indications are that it’s a lot more fun to report what the Red Sox and Yankees are doing.
FOXSports.com stated Wednesday that the Red Sox are displaying interest in free agent Justin Duchscherer, who missed the first three-quarters of last season while recovering from elbow surgery and the last quarter while battling depression.
Duchscherer was an All-Star in 2008, but he has a history of back, hip and arm troubles and it’s doubtful that he’ll be able to give a team 180 innings as a starter next season. He fits right into Boston’s usual strategy of acquiring rehabbing starters for depth and hoping for the best. He couldn’t work out a whole lot worse than John Smoltz and Brad Penny did last season.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 22
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 100
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (104)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)