Nov 25, 2009, 4:45 PM EDT
Other teams are interested in players too, we assume, but all indications are that it’s a lot more fun to report what the Red Sox and Yankees are doing.
FOXSports.com stated Wednesday that the Red Sox are displaying interest in free agent Justin Duchscherer, who missed the first three-quarters of last season while recovering from elbow surgery and the last quarter while battling depression.
Duchscherer was an All-Star in 2008, but he has a history of back, hip and arm troubles and it’s doubtful that he’ll be able to give a team 180 innings as a starter next season. He fits right into Boston’s usual strategy of acquiring rehabbing starters for depth and hoping for the best. He couldn’t work out a whole lot worse than John Smoltz and Brad Penny did last season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)