Nov 25, 2009, 4:45 PM EDT
Other teams are interested in players too, we assume, but all indications are that it’s a lot more fun to report what the Red Sox and Yankees are doing.
FOXSports.com stated Wednesday that the Red Sox are displaying interest in free agent Justin Duchscherer, who missed the first three-quarters of last season while recovering from elbow surgery and the last quarter while battling depression.
Duchscherer was an All-Star in 2008, but he has a history of back, hip and arm troubles and it’s doubtful that he’ll be able to give a team 180 innings as a starter next season. He fits right into Boston’s usual strategy of acquiring rehabbing starters for depth and hoping for the best. He couldn’t work out a whole lot worse than John Smoltz and Brad Penny did last season.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)