Nov 25, 2009, 11:01 AM EDT
Someone let ESPN’s Buster Olney know that teams asking the Padres about Adrian Gonzalez are being told to take a hike.
Which makes perfect sense. Gonzalez is cheap, he’s the only draw left in San Diego, and it’s season ticket renewal time. Trade him now and not only do you not likely get value back (wait until everyone is desperate at the trade deadline) but you discourage the last two dozen Padres fans there are left.
The implications: either (a) the beery rumor talk isn’t as reliable as we think it is; or (b) Buster Olney just doesn’t go to the right bars.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8