Nov 25, 2009, 11:01 AM EDT
Someone let ESPN’s Buster Olney know that teams asking the Padres about Adrian Gonzalez are being told to take a hike.
Which makes perfect sense. Gonzalez is cheap, he’s the only draw left in San Diego, and it’s season ticket renewal time. Trade him now and not only do you not likely get value back (wait until everyone is desperate at the trade deadline) but you discourage the last two dozen Padres fans there are left.
The implications: either (a) the beery rumor talk isn’t as reliable as we think it is; or (b) Buster Olney just doesn’t go to the right bars.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)