Nov 25, 2009, 11:01 AM EDT
Someone let ESPN’s Buster Olney know that teams asking the Padres about Adrian Gonzalez are being told to take a hike.
Which makes perfect sense. Gonzalez is cheap, he’s the only draw left in San Diego, and it’s season ticket renewal time. Trade him now and not only do you not likely get value back (wait until everyone is desperate at the trade deadline) but you discourage the last two dozen Padres fans there are left.
The implications: either (a) the beery rumor talk isn’t as reliable as we think it is; or (b) Buster Olney just doesn’t go to the right bars.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)