Nov 25, 2009, 11:01 AM EDT
Someone let ESPN’s Buster Olney know that teams asking the Padres about Adrian Gonzalez are being told to take a hike.
Which makes perfect sense. Gonzalez is cheap, he’s the only draw left in San Diego, and it’s season ticket renewal time. Trade him now and not only do you not likely get value back (wait until everyone is desperate at the trade deadline) but you discourage the last two dozen Padres fans there are left.
The implications: either (a) the beery rumor talk isn’t as reliable as we think it is; or (b) Buster Olney just doesn’t go to the right bars.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final