Nov 25, 2009, 9:50 AM EDT
Last week Aaron ran down the Red Sox’ shortstop options. Among the possibilities? Signing free agent Marco Scutaro. That possibility is inching closer to reality, as the Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman is reporting that Boston is, in fact, sniffing around Scutaro.
Scutaro hits better than Alex Gonzalez, and for a team that lived and won a lot of games with Julio Lugo, he’s certainly good enough on defense. The only downside? If Boston gets him and Roy Halladay and wins the World Series, Blue Jays fans might commit mass suicide.
Wait, they’re Canadians and Canadians are sensible. If Boston gets him and Roy Halladay and wins the World Series Jays fans will simply start paying attention to the Leafs earlier next fall than they usually do.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)