Nov 25, 2009, 9:50 AM EDT
Last week Aaron ran down the Red Sox’ shortstop options. Among the possibilities? Signing free agent Marco Scutaro. That possibility is inching closer to reality, as the Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman is reporting that Boston is, in fact, sniffing around Scutaro.
Scutaro hits better than Alex Gonzalez, and for a team that lived and won a lot of games with Julio Lugo, he’s certainly good enough on defense. The only downside? If Boston gets him and Roy Halladay and wins the World Series, Blue Jays fans might commit mass suicide.
Wait, they’re Canadians and Canadians are sensible. If Boston gets him and Roy Halladay and wins the World Series Jays fans will simply start paying attention to the Leafs earlier next fall than they usually do.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)