The Red Sox are seeking Scutaro

Nov 25, 2009, 9:50 AM EST

Last week Aaron ran down the Red Sox’ shortstop options. Among the possibilities? Signing free agent Marco Scutaro.  That possibility is inching closer to reality, as the Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman is reporting that Boston is, in fact, sniffing around Scutaro.

Scutaro hits better than Alex Gonzalez, and for a team that lived and won a lot of games with Julio Lugo, he’s certainly good enough on defense.  The only downside? If Boston gets him and Roy Halladay and wins the World Series, Blue Jays fans might commit mass suicide.

Wait, they’re Canadians and Canadians are sensible. If Boston gets him and Roy Halladay and wins the World Series Jays fans will simply start paying attention to the Leafs earlier next fall than they usually do.

1. Grant - Nov 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM

This seems to be the one real weakness of the Epstein regime in Boston. It seems like every year they sign a more-or-less fluky shortstop to a long-term deal that they almost immediately regret. Scutaro had by far his best year last year (and his second best the year before) at age 33. If the Sox sign him for more than two years I would guess they will regret it, just like they have regretted Renteria and Lugo in the recent past.

2. Elke Youngdahl - Jan 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

3. Download music - Jan 15, 2010 at 12:56 PM

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.You have done a marvellous job!

4. Sports News - Feb 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

5. Sumilia Bridge - Feb 21, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cathouse

6. Charles Calculator - Mar 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Sometimes too much to drink isn’t enough.

7. Paul Equity - Mar 4, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I’m not into working out. My philosophy: No pain. No pain.

8. Julia Wells Loan - Mar 5, 2010 at 6:39 AM

At least I found direct answer! Funny SMS

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5140)