Nov 26, 2009, 11:27 AM EDT
I told you something could happen today: The Jays signed shortstop Alex Gonzalez to a one year, $2.75 million deal with an option for 2011. The fact that they did this one day after signing John McDonald is, well, curious. Starting McDonald at short would be dumb, but so too is giving him a multi-year deal to be a utility infielder.
Just wait: tomorrow they’ll re-sign Scutaro to a five year deal. Would make about as much sense.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 0
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 15
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)