Nov 26, 2009, 11:27 AM EDT
I told you something could happen today: The Jays signed shortstop Alex Gonzalez to a one year, $2.75 million deal with an option for 2011. The fact that they did this one day after signing John McDonald is, well, curious. Starting McDonald at short would be dumb, but so too is giving him a multi-year deal to be a utility infielder.
Just wait: tomorrow they’ll re-sign Scutaro to a five year deal. Would make about as much sense.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)