Nov 26, 2009, 11:27 AM EDT
I told you something could happen today: The Jays signed shortstop Alex Gonzalez to a one year, $2.75 million deal with an option for 2011. The fact that they did this one day after signing John McDonald is, well, curious. Starting McDonald at short would be dumb, but so too is giving him a multi-year deal to be a utility infielder.
Just wait: tomorrow they’ll re-sign Scutaro to a five year deal. Would make about as much sense.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)