Nov 27, 2009, 8:46 PM EDT
A major league executive told the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott that he knows Roy Halladay has informed the Jays he’d approve a trade to the Yankees.
The executive didn’t have any additional info to share. It’s widely been assumed that Halladay would happily waive his no-trade clause to pitch in New York or Boston. He’d likely be less eager to go to a team that trains in Arizona, but he’s never ruled out anything publically.
We handicapped the Halladay chase last week.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)