Nov 27, 2009, 8:46 PM EDT
A major league executive told the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott that he knows Roy Halladay has informed the Jays he’d approve a trade to the Yankees.
The executive didn’t have any additional info to share. It’s widely been assumed that Halladay would happily waive his no-trade clause to pitch in New York or Boston. He’d likely be less eager to go to a team that trains in Arizona, but he’s never ruled out anything publically.
We handicapped the Halladay chase last week.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)