Nov 27, 2009, 8:46 PM EDT
A major league executive told the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott that he knows Roy Halladay has informed the Jays he’d approve a trade to the Yankees.
The executive didn’t have any additional info to share. It’s widely been assumed that Halladay would happily waive his no-trade clause to pitch in New York or Boston. He’d likely be less eager to go to a team that trains in Arizona, but he’s never ruled out anything publically.
We handicapped the Halladay chase last week.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)