Nov 27, 2009, 8:46 PM EDT
A major league executive told the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott that he knows Roy Halladay has informed the Jays he’d approve a trade to the Yankees.
The executive didn’t have any additional info to share. It’s widely been assumed that Halladay would happily waive his no-trade clause to pitch in New York or Boston. He’d likely be less eager to go to a team that trains in Arizona, but he’s never ruled out anything publically.
We handicapped the Halladay chase last week.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11