Nov 27, 2009, 8:46 PM EDT
A major league executive told the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott that he knows Roy Halladay has informed the Jays he’d approve a trade to the Yankees.
The executive didn’t have any additional info to share. It’s widely been assumed that Halladay would happily waive his no-trade clause to pitch in New York or Boston. He’d likely be less eager to go to a team that trains in Arizona, but he’s never ruled out anything publically.
We handicapped the Halladay chase last week.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot