Nov 28, 2009, 12:19 PM EDT
Is he or isn’t he? As with most rumors during this “silly season,” it depends on who you ask.
John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus wrote on Friday that he keeps hearing that the Marlins are “very willing” to trade Josh Johnson “right now” for the right package. Hours later, Joe Frisaro, who covers the Marlins for MLB.com, advised not to buy into the speculation that Johnson is available. Then, this morning, in a report for ESPN.com Buster Olney (requires Insider subscription) spoke with some rival executives who said that the Marlins have not yet informed teams that Johnson is not available.
Rest assured, we haven’t heard the last of this.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)