Nov 28, 2009, 12:19 PM EDT
Is he or isn’t he? As with most rumors during this “silly season,” it depends on who you ask.
John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus wrote on Friday that he keeps hearing that the Marlins are “very willing” to trade Josh Johnson “right now” for the right package. Hours later, Joe Frisaro, who covers the Marlins for MLB.com, advised not to buy into the speculation that Johnson is available. Then, this morning, in a report for ESPN.com Buster Olney (requires Insider subscription) spoke with some rival executives who said that the Marlins have not yet informed teams that Johnson is not available.
Rest assured, we haven’t heard the last of this.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)