Nov 28, 2009, 12:19 PM EDT
Is he or isn’t he? As with most rumors during this “silly season,” it depends on who you ask.
John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus wrote on Friday that he keeps hearing that the Marlins are “very willing” to trade Josh Johnson “right now” for the right package. Hours later, Joe Frisaro, who covers the Marlins for MLB.com, advised not to buy into the speculation that Johnson is available. Then, this morning, in a report for ESPN.com Buster Olney (requires Insider subscription) spoke with some rival executives who said that the Marlins have not yet informed teams that Johnson is not available.
Rest assured, we haven’t heard the last of this.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)