Nov 28, 2009, 10:49 AM EDT
Augusto Cardenas, a Venezuelan baseball writer from Diario Panorama, writes that the Dodgers, Mariners, Rangers and Red Sox are among the teams interested in free agent infielder Marco Scutaro.
According to a series of “tweets” by Cardenas, Scutaro
would prefer to sign with the Red Sox or Dodgers, as he would have a
better chance of reaching the playoffs. Scutaro said the Dodgers want
him to play second base, while the Red Sox have approached him about
their vacancy at shortstop. Others, according to Cardenas, would want him to play third base, though a specific team wasn’t mentioned.
Scutaro hasn’t ruled out returning
to the Blue Jays, but he is more likely to get a multi-year contract
from another club. Toronto is expected to offer the 34-year-old
arbitration next week.
If Cardenas‘ name sounds familiar, it should. He was the one who ruffled some feathers by breaking the Erik Bedard-to-Seattle trade two years ago. This report is much less controversial, of course, since he talked to the subject in question and the Red Sox and Dodgers are pretty logical landing spots for Scutaro.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)