Nov 30, 2009, 9:30 AM EDT
The Diamond Notes blog translates an article from El Nuevo Herald (a McClatchy-published Spanish language paper published in Miami) in which it is reported that Jose Contreras, late of his apparently unsuccessful workouts for the Softbank Hawks — is likely to end up with the Rockies, Diamondbacks or Dodgers.
The paper also reports that two AL Central teams are interested in his services. It doesn’t say who they are, but the Royals have been bottom feeding on pitching lately. And you have to figure that, even though he was traded, Contreras didn’t burn any bridges with the White Sox. By all accounts he’s a nice guy and a good teammate.
And hey, if guys like Jeff Weaver and Livan Hernandez keeps finding major league work, why not Contreras?
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)