Nov 30, 2009, 9:30 AM EDT
The Diamond Notes blog translates an article from El Nuevo Herald (a McClatchy-published Spanish language paper published in Miami) in which it is reported that Jose Contreras, late of his apparently unsuccessful workouts for the Softbank Hawks — is likely to end up with the Rockies, Diamondbacks or Dodgers.
The paper also reports that two AL Central teams are interested in his services. It doesn’t say who they are, but the Royals have been bottom feeding on pitching lately. And you have to figure that, even though he was traded, Contreras didn’t burn any bridges with the White Sox. By all accounts he’s a nice guy and a good teammate.
And hey, if guys like Jeff Weaver and Livan Hernandez keeps finding major league work, why not Contreras?
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)