Nov 30, 2009, 9:30 AM EST
The Diamond Notes blog translates an article from El Nuevo Herald (a McClatchy-published Spanish language paper published in Miami) in which it is reported that Jose Contreras, late of his apparently unsuccessful workouts for the Softbank Hawks — is likely to end up with the Rockies, Diamondbacks or Dodgers.
The paper also reports that two AL Central teams are interested in his services. It doesn’t say who they are, but the Royals have been bottom feeding on pitching lately. And you have to figure that, even though he was traded, Contreras didn’t burn any bridges with the White Sox. By all accounts he’s a nice guy and a good teammate.
And hey, if guys like Jeff Weaver and Livan Hernandez keeps finding major league work, why not Contreras?
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 40
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 21
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)