Dec 1, 2009, 10:38 AM EDT
Buster Olney is reporting this morning that Roy Halladay will not approve or even entertain any trades after spring training begins. That means no deadline deals. That means that the Jays had better act now if they want anything of value for the guy.
Nice to see that Halladay and his folks are making this easy for Toronto. Why not just beat them over the head with their lack of leverage while he’s at it? Say that he won’t drop his no-trade clause unless it’s to a Martian team or something?
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 3
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 23
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (161)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)