Dec 1, 2009, 10:38 AM EDT
Buster Olney is reporting this morning that Roy Halladay will not approve or even entertain any trades after spring training begins. That means no deadline deals. That means that the Jays had better act now if they want anything of value for the guy.
Nice to see that Halladay and his folks are making this easy for Toronto. Why not just beat them over the head with their lack of leverage while he’s at it? Say that he won’t drop his no-trade clause unless it’s to a Martian team or something?
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)