Dec 1, 2009, 10:38 AM EST
Buster Olney is reporting this morning that Roy Halladay will not approve or even entertain any trades after spring training begins. That means no deadline deals. That means that the Jays had better act now if they want anything of value for the guy.
Nice to see that Halladay and his folks are making this easy for Toronto. Why not just beat them over the head with their lack of leverage while he’s at it? Say that he won’t drop his no-trade clause unless it’s to a Martian team or something?
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)