Dec 1, 2009, 10:38 AM EDT
Buster Olney is reporting this morning that Roy Halladay will not approve or even entertain any trades after spring training begins. That means no deadline deals. That means that the Jays had better act now if they want anything of value for the guy.
Nice to see that Halladay and his folks are making this easy for Toronto. Why not just beat them over the head with their lack of leverage while he’s at it? Say that he won’t drop his no-trade clause unless it’s to a Martian team or something?
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 1
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 176
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (176)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)