Dec 1, 2009, 10:38 AM EST
Buster Olney is reporting this morning that Roy Halladay will not approve or even entertain any trades after spring training begins. That means no deadline deals. That means that the Jays had better act now if they want anything of value for the guy.
Nice to see that Halladay and his folks are making this easy for Toronto. Why not just beat them over the head with their lack of leverage while he’s at it? Say that he won’t drop his no-trade clause unless it’s to a Martian team or something?
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 20
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 31
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 35
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 31
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)