Dec 1, 2009, 11:28 AM EDT
Pardon me, I have a little something in my eye. Must be dust:
Putting their money where their hearts are, the Angels have voted to
send a full share of their postseason purse to the estate of Nick
Adenhart, the young pitcher whose death in an auto accident on April 9
stunned the organization and the baseball world . . .
. . . For sweeping Boston in the ALDS and taking the champion Yankees to six
games in the ALCS, the Angels’ total shares amount came to
$7,088,773.93. They voted 43 full shares, coming to $138,038.57 each,
along with 7.995 partial shares and four cash awards.
You had to assume that they were going to do this, but just because it was a likely move doesn’t make it any less of a touching, classy and outstanding move by the Angels.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)