Dec 1, 2009, 11:28 AM EDT
Pardon me, I have a little something in my eye. Must be dust:
Putting their money where their hearts are, the Angels have voted to
send a full share of their postseason purse to the estate of Nick
Adenhart, the young pitcher whose death in an auto accident on April 9
stunned the organization and the baseball world . . .
. . . For sweeping Boston in the ALDS and taking the champion Yankees to six
games in the ALCS, the Angels’ total shares amount came to
$7,088,773.93. They voted 43 full shares, coming to $138,038.57 each,
along with 7.995 partial shares and four cash awards.
You had to assume that they were going to do this, but just because it was a likely move doesn’t make it any less of a touching, classy and outstanding move by the Angels.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)