Dec 1, 2009, 11:28 AM EDT
Pardon me, I have a little something in my eye. Must be dust:
Putting their money where their hearts are, the Angels have voted to
send a full share of their postseason purse to the estate of Nick
Adenhart, the young pitcher whose death in an auto accident on April 9
stunned the organization and the baseball world . . .
. . . For sweeping Boston in the ALDS and taking the champion Yankees to six
games in the ALCS, the Angels’ total shares amount came to
$7,088,773.93. They voted 43 full shares, coming to $138,038.57 each,
along with 7.995 partial shares and four cash awards.
You had to assume that they were going to do this, but just because it was a likely move doesn’t make it any less of a touching, classy and outstanding move by the Angels.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)