Dec 1, 2009, 11:28 AM EDT
Pardon me, I have a little something in my eye. Must be dust:
Putting their money where their hearts are, the Angels have voted to
send a full share of their postseason purse to the estate of Nick
Adenhart, the young pitcher whose death in an auto accident on April 9
stunned the organization and the baseball world . . .
. . . For sweeping Boston in the ALDS and taking the champion Yankees to six
games in the ALCS, the Angels’ total shares amount came to
$7,088,773.93. They voted 43 full shares, coming to $138,038.57 each,
along with 7.995 partial shares and four cash awards.
You had to assume that they were going to do this, but just because it was a likely move doesn’t make it any less of a touching, classy and outstanding move by the Angels.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)