Dec 1, 2009, 8:30 AM EST
Dejan Kovacevic is reporting that the Pirates are interested in Justin Duchscherer, though they don’t know if they’d use him in a starting or a relief role. Probably depends on the state of his surgically-repaired hip and elbow, not to mention his psyche.
My first impulse was to make some sort of “pitching for the Pirates is no cure for depression” joke, but in all seriousness, Pittsburgh may just be the right place for a guy struggling to rediscover his place in the word. Assuming he’s physically healthy, he’d be among the Bucs’ best pitchers and would likely be given a nice wide berth in which to find his groove.
Plus, no matter how crappy the team is, Pittsburgh is actually a nice town with some pretty country around it. Not a bad place to restore one’s mojo.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 43
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 21
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)