Dec 1, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
Dejan Kovacevic is reporting that the Pirates are interested in Justin Duchscherer, though they don’t know if they’d use him in a starting or a relief role. Probably depends on the state of his surgically-repaired hip and elbow, not to mention his psyche.
My first impulse was to make some sort of “pitching for the Pirates is no cure for depression” joke, but in all seriousness, Pittsburgh may just be the right place for a guy struggling to rediscover his place in the word. Assuming he’s physically healthy, he’d be among the Bucs’ best pitchers and would likely be given a nice wide berth in which to find his groove.
Plus, no matter how crappy the team is, Pittsburgh is actually a nice town with some pretty country around it. Not a bad place to restore one’s mojo.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)