Dec 2, 2009, 6:21 PM EDT
A day after reporting that the Red Sox were seriously eyeing him, FOXSports.com is saying that the Mariners are showing strong interest in free agent Rich Harden.
As an extreme flyball pitch, Harden would fit nicely in Safeco Field. Mariners hitters will likely strongly favor his signing, considering that he’s 5-2 with a 1.90 ERA against Seattle in his career. That’s his best ERA against any team that he’s faced at least five times.
FOXSports.com speculates that Harden, a native of British Columbia, might like to pitch in Seattle. However, it’s worth noting that he was originally drafted by Seattle in 1999, yet he passed on signing with the team and went to junior college in Arizona instead. There’s been nothing from him so far to indicate he’d prefer one region to another.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)