Dec 2, 2009, 6:21 PM EST
A day after reporting that the Red Sox were seriously eyeing him, FOXSports.com is saying that the Mariners are showing strong interest in free agent Rich Harden.
As an extreme flyball pitch, Harden would fit nicely in Safeco Field. Mariners hitters will likely strongly favor his signing, considering that he’s 5-2 with a 1.90 ERA against Seattle in his career. That’s his best ERA against any team that he’s faced at least five times.
FOXSports.com speculates that Harden, a native of British Columbia, might like to pitch in Seattle. However, it’s worth noting that he was originally drafted by Seattle in 1999, yet he passed on signing with the team and went to junior college in Arizona instead. There’s been nothing from him so far to indicate he’d prefer one region to another.
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (143)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)