Dec 2, 2009, 6:21 PM EDT
A day after reporting that the Red Sox were seriously eyeing him, FOXSports.com is saying that the Mariners are showing strong interest in free agent Rich Harden.
As an extreme flyball pitch, Harden would fit nicely in Safeco Field. Mariners hitters will likely strongly favor his signing, considering that he’s 5-2 with a 1.90 ERA against Seattle in his career. That’s his best ERA against any team that he’s faced at least five times.
FOXSports.com speculates that Harden, a native of British Columbia, might like to pitch in Seattle. However, it’s worth noting that he was originally drafted by Seattle in 1999, yet he passed on signing with the team and went to junior college in Arizona instead. There’s been nothing from him so far to indicate he’d prefer one region to another.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 47
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 73
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (88)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery