Dec 2, 2009, 6:21 PM EDT
A day after reporting that the Red Sox were seriously eyeing him, FOXSports.com is saying that the Mariners are showing strong interest in free agent Rich Harden.
As an extreme flyball pitch, Harden would fit nicely in Safeco Field. Mariners hitters will likely strongly favor his signing, considering that he’s 5-2 with a 1.90 ERA against Seattle in his career. That’s his best ERA against any team that he’s faced at least five times.
FOXSports.com speculates that Harden, a native of British Columbia, might like to pitch in Seattle. However, it’s worth noting that he was originally drafted by Seattle in 1999, yet he passed on signing with the team and went to junior college in Arizona instead. There’s been nothing from him so far to indicate he’d prefer one region to another.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)