Dec 2, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
Following up on the Brett Myers stuff from this morning, the Astros are reportedly interested in J.J. Putz as well, says MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart. I guess if they get them both the team would have two putzes.
As Matthew said in his free agency preview, Putz has slid down the slope in the past three years, going from a 1.38 ERA in 71 2/3 innings in 2007 to a 3.88 ERA
in 46 1/3 innings in 2008 to a 5.22 ERA in 29 1/3 innings last season, with an UCL tear in his elbow last year as the cherry on top.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)