Dec 2, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
Following up on the Brett Myers stuff from this morning, the Astros are reportedly interested in J.J. Putz as well, says MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart. I guess if they get them both the team would have two putzes.
As Matthew said in his free agency preview, Putz has slid down the slope in the past three years, going from a 1.38 ERA in 71 2/3 innings in 2007 to a 3.88 ERA
in 46 1/3 innings in 2008 to a 5.22 ERA in 29 1/3 innings last season, with an UCL tear in his elbow last year as the cherry on top.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)