Dec 2, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
Following up on the Brett Myers stuff from this morning, the Astros are reportedly interested in J.J. Putz as well, says MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart. I guess if they get them both the team would have two putzes.
As Matthew said in his free agency preview, Putz has slid down the slope in the past three years, going from a 1.38 ERA in 71 2/3 innings in 2007 to a 3.88 ERA
in 46 1/3 innings in 2008 to a 5.22 ERA in 29 1/3 innings last season, with an UCL tear in his elbow last year as the cherry on top.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)