Dec 2, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
Following up on the Brett Myers stuff from this morning, the Astros are reportedly interested in J.J. Putz as well, says MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart. I guess if they get them both the team would have two putzes.
As Matthew said in his free agency preview, Putz has slid down the slope in the past three years, going from a 1.38 ERA in 71 2/3 innings in 2007 to a 3.88 ERA
in 46 1/3 innings in 2008 to a 5.22 ERA in 29 1/3 innings last season, with an UCL tear in his elbow last year as the cherry on top.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8