Dec 2, 2009, 12:30 PM EDT
A couple of rumors that could impact the Cubs this morning. First, according to Joel Sherman at the New York Post, the Rays and Cubs are still talking about a Milton Bradley for Pat Burrell trade, and there’s a “strong possibility” that the deal goes down.
The second rumor has the Mets shopping outfielder Angel Pagan. Pagan — who, unlike Pat Burrell can actually play the outfield — would be a much better fit for the Cubs, dontcha think? Sure, they probably couldn’t get him for Milton Bradley — not even the Mets are that dumb, are they? — but if he’s being dangled the Cubs, who could use a centerfielder as well as some Soriano insurance, should be in on that.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)