Dec 2, 2009, 12:30 PM EST
A couple of rumors that could impact the Cubs this morning. First, according to Joel Sherman at the New York Post, the Rays and Cubs are still talking about a Milton Bradley for Pat Burrell trade, and there’s a “strong possibility” that the deal goes down.
The second rumor has the Mets shopping outfielder Angel Pagan. Pagan — who, unlike Pat Burrell can actually play the outfield — would be a much better fit for the Cubs, dontcha think? Sure, they probably couldn’t get him for Milton Bradley — not even the Mets are that dumb, are they? — but if he’s being dangled the Cubs, who could use a centerfielder as well as some Soriano insurance, should be in on that.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)