Dec 2, 2009, 12:30 PM EDT
A couple of rumors that could impact the Cubs this morning. First, according to Joel Sherman at the New York Post, the Rays and Cubs are still talking about a Milton Bradley for Pat Burrell trade, and there’s a “strong possibility” that the deal goes down.
The second rumor has the Mets shopping outfielder Angel Pagan. Pagan — who, unlike Pat Burrell can actually play the outfield — would be a much better fit for the Cubs, dontcha think? Sure, they probably couldn’t get him for Milton Bradley — not even the Mets are that dumb, are they? — but if he’s being dangled the Cubs, who could use a centerfielder as well as some Soriano insurance, should be in on that.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 4
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)