Dec 2, 2009, 12:30 PM EDT
A couple of rumors that could impact the Cubs this morning. First, according to Joel Sherman at the New York Post, the Rays and Cubs are still talking about a Milton Bradley for Pat Burrell trade, and there’s a “strong possibility” that the deal goes down.
The second rumor has the Mets shopping outfielder Angel Pagan. Pagan — who, unlike Pat Burrell can actually play the outfield — would be a much better fit for the Cubs, dontcha think? Sure, they probably couldn’t get him for Milton Bradley — not even the Mets are that dumb, are they? — but if he’s being dangled the Cubs, who could use a centerfielder as well as some Soriano insurance, should be in on that.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)