Dec 3, 2009, 3:23 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Jason Marquis and the Rockies had a falling out over “his reaction to him not getting playoff start” so he’s not likely to accept the arbitration offer he got from Colorado. I’m guessing the reaction involved a flaming bag of dog poop on Jim Tracy’s porch. Whatever the case, his departure would give the team a supplemental pick in the draft.
As for Marquis: the Mets are reportedly still considering him. Aside from the New York connection, there’s no danger of him being passed up for a playoff start there, so everyone should get along nicely.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)