Dec 3, 2009, 3:23 PM EST
Jon Heyman tweets that Jason Marquis and the Rockies had a falling out over “his reaction to him not getting playoff start” so he’s not likely to accept the arbitration offer he got from Colorado. I’m guessing the reaction involved a flaming bag of dog poop on Jim Tracy’s porch. Whatever the case, his departure would give the team a supplemental pick in the draft.
As for Marquis: the Mets are reportedly still considering him. Aside from the New York connection, there’s no danger of him being passed up for a playoff start there, so everyone should get along nicely.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)