Dec 3, 2009, 3:23 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Jason Marquis and the Rockies had a falling out over “his reaction to him not getting playoff start” so he’s not likely to accept the arbitration offer he got from Colorado. I’m guessing the reaction involved a flaming bag of dog poop on Jim Tracy’s porch. Whatever the case, his departure would give the team a supplemental pick in the draft.
As for Marquis: the Mets are reportedly still considering him. Aside from the New York connection, there’s no danger of him being passed up for a playoff start there, so everyone should get along nicely.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (217)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)