Dec 3, 2009, 3:23 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Jason Marquis and the Rockies had a falling out over “his reaction to him not getting playoff start” so he’s not likely to accept the arbitration offer he got from Colorado. I’m guessing the reaction involved a flaming bag of dog poop on Jim Tracy’s porch. Whatever the case, his departure would give the team a supplemental pick in the draft.
As for Marquis: the Mets are reportedly still considering him. Aside from the New York connection, there’s no danger of him being passed up for a playoff start there, so everyone should get along nicely.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)