Dec 3, 2009, 10:26 AM EDT
Lost this one in the shuffle yesterday, but Joey Devine signed a one-year deal with the A’s yesterday. He lost all of 2009 following elbow surgery, but had a stellar 2008. The deal is a single year for $560,000.
If Devine comes back close to where he was and Andrew Bailey keeps on keepin’ on, the Athletics are going to have a damn fine bullpen in 2010.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)