Dec 3, 2009, 10:26 AM EDT
Lost this one in the shuffle yesterday, but Joey Devine signed a one-year deal with the A’s yesterday. He lost all of 2009 following elbow surgery, but had a stellar 2008. The deal is a single year for $560,000.
If Devine comes back close to where he was and Andrew Bailey keeps on keepin’ on, the Athletics are going to have a damn fine bullpen in 2010.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)