Dec 3, 2009, 10:26 AM EDT
Lost this one in the shuffle yesterday, but Joey Devine signed a one-year deal with the A’s yesterday. He lost all of 2009 following elbow surgery, but had a stellar 2008. The deal is a single year for $560,000.
If Devine comes back close to where he was and Andrew Bailey keeps on keepin’ on, the Athletics are going to have a damn fine bullpen in 2010.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)