Dec 3, 2009, 6:17 PM EDT
Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that free agent Marco Scutaro worked out for the Red Sox in Florida this week.
It was reported earlier in the day that the Red Sox had requested Scutaro’s medical records. The concern is regarding the heel injury that ended Scutaro’s 2009 season. According to the ESPN report, the workout near Scutaro’s home in Miami “helped alleviate” some issues the Red Sox had with the injury.
Scutaro is assumed to be Boston’s top choice to take over at shortstop. He’s likely to command a deal similar to the three-year, $18 million pact that Placido Polanco received from the Phillies.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'