Dec 3, 2009, 6:17 PM EDT
Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that free agent Marco Scutaro worked out for the Red Sox in Florida this week.
It was reported earlier in the day that the Red Sox had requested Scutaro’s medical records. The concern is regarding the heel injury that ended Scutaro’s 2009 season. According to the ESPN report, the workout near Scutaro’s home in Miami “helped alleviate” some issues the Red Sox had with the injury.
Scutaro is assumed to be Boston’s top choice to take over at shortstop. He’s likely to command a deal similar to the three-year, $18 million pact that Placido Polanco received from the Phillies.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)