Dec 3, 2009, 6:17 PM EDT
Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that free agent Marco Scutaro worked out for the Red Sox in Florida this week.
It was reported earlier in the day that the Red Sox had requested Scutaro’s medical records. The concern is regarding the heel injury that ended Scutaro’s 2009 season. According to the ESPN report, the workout near Scutaro’s home in Miami “helped alleviate” some issues the Red Sox had with the injury.
Scutaro is assumed to be Boston’s top choice to take over at shortstop. He’s likely to command a deal similar to the three-year, $18 million pact that Placido Polanco received from the Phillies.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)