Dec 3, 2009, 10:04 PM EDT
Update – Multiple sources are now confirming the agreement. The Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman says the two sides have, in fact, come to terms on a two-year deal, likely with a mutual option for a third year.
Sources close to Marco Scutaro told Venezuela-based Lider that the free agent has agreed to terms with the Red Sox.
There’s absolutely nothing to back up the report, and it’s entirely possible that it will be proven false. However, we can be reasonably certain that the Red Sox and Scutaro are talking and there’s not necessarily anything standing in the way of a deal getting done quickly.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)