Dec 3, 2009, 10:04 PM EDT
Update – Multiple sources are now confirming the agreement. The Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman says the two sides have, in fact, come to terms on a two-year deal, likely with a mutual option for a third year.
Sources close to Marco Scutaro told Venezuela-based Lider that the free agent has agreed to terms with the Red Sox.
There’s absolutely nothing to back up the report, and it’s entirely possible that it will be proven false. However, we can be reasonably certain that the Red Sox and Scutaro are talking and there’s not necessarily anything standing in the way of a deal getting done quickly.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45