Dec 3, 2009, 10:04 PM EDT
Update – Multiple sources are now confirming the agreement. The Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman says the two sides have, in fact, come to terms on a two-year deal, likely with a mutual option for a third year.
Sources close to Marco Scutaro told Venezuela-based Lider that the free agent has agreed to terms with the Red Sox.
There’s absolutely nothing to back up the report, and it’s entirely possible that it will be proven false. However, we can be reasonably certain that the Red Sox and Scutaro are talking and there’s not necessarily anything standing in the way of a deal getting done quickly.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)