Dec 3, 2009, 10:04 PM EST
Update – Multiple sources are now confirming the agreement. The Boston Herald’s Michael Silverman says the two sides have, in fact, come to terms on a two-year deal, likely with a mutual option for a third year.
Sources close to Marco Scutaro told Venezuela-based Lider that the free agent has agreed to terms with the Red Sox.
There’s absolutely nothing to back up the report, and it’s entirely possible that it will be proven false. However, we can be reasonably certain that the Red Sox and Scutaro are talking and there’s not necessarily anything standing in the way of a deal getting done quickly.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)