Dec 3, 2009, 2:38 PM EDT
Your 2010 Braves bullpen is brought to you by: the 2009 Boston Red Sox.
CBS Sports is reporting that the Braves are close to signing reliever Takashi Saito to a one year deal worth $3 million.
We’ll have more analysis on this later. In the meantime, we can say that this all but ensures that Rafael Soriano and Mike Gonzalez are done with Atlanta.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)