Dec 3, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
The New York Daily News is reporting that Henry Blanco has left Venezuela and is on his way to New York to take a physical as a precursor to signing with the Mets. This a couple of days after signing Chris Coste (or maybe signing him; it’s been reported that Coste has signed, but there has been no official announcement yet).
The implications of this news is clear: the Mets plan on acquiring every last mediocre backup catcher in baseball, depriving other teams of needed depth, thereby taking over the world. Greg Zaun, call your office.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)