Dec 3, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
The New York Daily News is reporting that Henry Blanco has left Venezuela and is on his way to New York to take a physical as a precursor to signing with the Mets. This a couple of days after signing Chris Coste (or maybe signing him; it’s been reported that Coste has signed, but there has been no official announcement yet).
The implications of this news is clear: the Mets plan on acquiring every last mediocre backup catcher in baseball, depriving other teams of needed depth, thereby taking over the world. Greg Zaun, call your office.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 6
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 22
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)