Dec 3, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
The New York Daily News is reporting that Henry Blanco has left Venezuela and is on his way to New York to take a physical as a precursor to signing with the Mets. This a couple of days after signing Chris Coste (or maybe signing him; it’s been reported that Coste has signed, but there has been no official announcement yet).
The implications of this news is clear: the Mets plan on acquiring every last mediocre backup catcher in baseball, depriving other teams of needed depth, thereby taking over the world. Greg Zaun, call your office.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 60
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (129)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)