Dec 3, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
The New York Daily News is reporting that Henry Blanco has left Venezuela and is on his way to New York to take a physical as a precursor to signing with the Mets. This a couple of days after signing Chris Coste (or maybe signing him; it’s been reported that Coste has signed, but there has been no official announcement yet).
The implications of this news is clear: the Mets plan on acquiring every last mediocre backup catcher in baseball, depriving other teams of needed depth, thereby taking over the world. Greg Zaun, call your office.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)