Dec 3, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
The New York Daily News is reporting that Henry Blanco has left Venezuela and is on his way to New York to take a physical as a precursor to signing with the Mets. This a couple of days after signing Chris Coste (or maybe signing him; it’s been reported that Coste has signed, but there has been no official announcement yet).
The implications of this news is clear: the Mets plan on acquiring every last mediocre backup catcher in baseball, depriving other teams of needed depth, thereby taking over the world. Greg Zaun, call your office.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 40
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 21
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)