Dec 3, 2009, 1:20 PM EDT
From an NPB Tracker tweet, the Mets have asked Hideki Matsui’s agent for the results of his latest physical. Matsui’s that is, not his agent’s. Those would be rather scary, I’d imagine, what with all of the cigar chomping those sorts of fellows do.
Probably just idle curiosity on the Mets’ part, but is it possible that they’re actually thinking about Matsui as an everyday outfielder? Even if his physical looks good, I can’t see him lasting a full season out in the grass.
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 0
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 75
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)