Dec 3, 2009, 1:20 PM EDT
From an NPB Tracker tweet, the Mets have asked Hideki Matsui’s agent for the results of his latest physical. Matsui’s that is, not his agent’s. Those would be rather scary, I’d imagine, what with all of the cigar chomping those sorts of fellows do.
Probably just idle curiosity on the Mets’ part, but is it possible that they’re actually thinking about Matsui as an everyday outfielder? Even if his physical looks good, I can’t see him lasting a full season out in the grass.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)