Dec 3, 2009, 10:45 AM EDT
MLB.com is hiring some stats stringers in Boston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, and Texas. The gig: digitally scoring games from the press box by entering the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using MLB.com’s software.
It’s a hard, hard job from what I hear, but it is getting paid to watch ballgames. They want someone with previous press box experience, but it doesn’t have to be baseball experience.
If you’re interested, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights