Dec 3, 2009, 10:45 AM EDT
MLB.com is hiring some stats stringers in Boston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, and Texas. The gig: digitally scoring games from the press box by entering the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using MLB.com’s software.
It’s a hard, hard job from what I hear, but it is getting paid to watch ballgames. They want someone with previous press box experience, but it doesn’t have to be baseball experience.
If you’re interested, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)