Dec 4, 2009, 9:30 AM EST
From MLB.com’s Winter Meetings preview piece:
What will Scott Boras wear?
This one’s easy to answer. The agent who always seems to have a handful
of hugely important clients during these Meetings rocks a blazer, a
button-down shirt and jeans, in addition to plenty of smiles when his
players get their deals.
Glad to know. Although I gotta tell you — and this is totally serious — I have been told by multiple sources that Boras has been known to rock the Speedo at the hotel pool in meetings past. If you think I won’t report such a thing if it happens again you’re crazy.
Like I said last night: he’s the embodiment of the American Dream.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)