Dec 4, 2009, 6:17 PM EDT
Tony La Russa is saying that Mark McGwire is going to make himself available to the media sometime soon. Likely not at next week’s Winter Meetings — really, why would Mac want to come to Indianapolis in December? — but probably before Christmas.
I still don’t know what the big deal about all of this is. We know the guy did PEDs, some legal at the time, maybe some that weren’t so legal. We know he tried to walk the perjury/Fifth Amendment/bad P.R. tightrope in front of Congress. I suppose it’s possible that he’ll have an Iverson-esque teary breakdown in front of reporters about it all now, but it’s not likely. Even if he comes clean and admits to taking everything under the sun, the story is less about the fact — which everyone assumes — it’s about the admission, which just seems kind of superfluous to me. We’re not idiots, are we?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)