Dec 4, 2009, 12:15 PM EST
There’s a reason why the Yankees focus on free agent veterans: kids these days just won’t listen to Joe Girardi.
The Yankee skipper tried to teach the Jets’ quarterback how to slide after getting his left knee banged up while pulling a Jim McMahon last week. So what happens last night? He forgets what Girardi taught him and banged up his right knee.
Maybe the Jets should bring in Pete Rose. At least then Sanchez will be going in head first with the proper form.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 38
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (78)