Dec 4, 2009, 12:15 PM EDT
There’s a reason why the Yankees focus on free agent veterans: kids these days just won’t listen to Joe Girardi.
The Yankee skipper tried to teach the Jets’ quarterback how to slide after getting his left knee banged up while pulling a Jim McMahon last week. So what happens last night? He forgets what Girardi taught him and banged up his right knee.
Maybe the Jets should bring in Pete Rose. At least then Sanchez will be going in head first with the proper form.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 4
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)