Dec 4, 2009, 12:15 PM EDT
There’s a reason why the Yankees focus on free agent veterans: kids these days just won’t listen to Joe Girardi.
The Yankee skipper tried to teach the Jets’ quarterback how to slide after getting his left knee banged up while pulling a Jim McMahon last week. So what happens last night? He forgets what Girardi taught him and banged up his right knee.
Maybe the Jets should bring in Pete Rose. At least then Sanchez will be going in head first with the proper form.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)